Everything about Prizee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suffolk murder probe over shooting at travellers' site

Go down

Suffolk murder probe over shooting at travellers' site Empty Suffolk murder probe over shooting at travellers' site

Post  Mr007 Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:48 am

Suffolk murder probe over shooting at travellers' site
Police cordon at Willow Park A police cordon has been set up near the entrance to Willow Park

Police have begun a murder inquiry after two men were found shot dead at a travellers' site in Suffolk.

Armed police were sent to investigate reports of gunfire at Willow Park in Beck Row, near Mildenhall, at about 2215 GMT on Tuesday.

Officers discovered one of the victims dead inside a burning car. The other was found dead on the ground nearby.

Homes were evacuated over fears the blaze, which spread to a caravan and trailer, could ignite gas canisters.

Police have placed a cordon at the site and investigations are now under way involving detectives from the Norfolk and Suffolk Joint Major Investigation Team.

Click to play
Advertisement

MP Matthew Hancock says the two murders are the latest in a series of incidents in the area

Ch Supt Stewart Gull said: "We have arranged for extra patrols to be carried out by uniformed officers and our armed response vehicles around Beck Row and we are maintaining a high profile presence in the area.

"Clearly, the investigation is at an early stage - but we believe the deaths are connected to an ongoing dispute.

"I would urge anyone who has any information about this incident - or saw anything suspicious in the vicinity of Willow Park - to contact us immediately."

A woman who lives nearby but who asked not to be named told the BBC: "I heard some gunfire, because we are in a military area I just wondered why it was going on so late at night.

"I looked out of the window and saw a blaze of fire, and heard shouting."
Houston tax attorney
irvingia gabonensis

Mr007

Back to top Go down