Everything about Prizee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrong Ways to Protest the Online Gambling Ban

Go down

Wrong Ways to Protest the Online Gambling Ban Empty Wrong Ways to Protest the Online Gambling Ban

Post  sangbmt Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Since George Bush signed the unlawful online gambling ban in 2006 I have been reading articles online about how to protest the ban on gambling, but it seems to me none of these people really seem to know anything about throwing a proper protest. So I decided that I am just as much an expert as these other writers when it comes to protesting and that I should write my own article, with a slight twist.

If you really want to protest something the best way to do it is thru an already established organization that has the ability to bring tens of thousands of people to your cause. Another good way to get the word out is by going on popular radio shows like the O&A radio show, and by putting up billboards all over the country.

Here are the Most Common Ways to Throw a Useless Anti Gambling Ban Protest:

Phone Calls:
The first thing I read in all these lousy "how to protest the online gambling ban" articles is you should call your Senator and tell him you are unhappy. The problem with this piece of advice is that there is no way you are going to talk to the Senator. You would either have to be someone important or get very lucky to even get to talk to his personal assistant.

Petition:
The next thing the idiots writing these articles will tell you to do is start a petition. I personally started a petition over 7 months ago and I am up to 52 names on it so far. So if I wait another 200 years maybe it will be worth the paper it is written on. The only thing a petition is really any good for is to give you a list of names to use to get people to come to a protest march, but not if you only have 50 names. If you want the government to hear your protest you have better have over 100,000 names an they better be from all over the country. Remember with politicians it's all about the votes.

Protest Rallies:
Many people will throw a protest with only people who are local to their area. These people do not understand the idea of a protest rally. A protest is not to tell the government you are unhappy with something, it is to tell them to change something or you will all vote for someone else, and a protest with people from just 1 area will not get you enough votes to get the law repealed. If you want to successfully throw a protest rally you are going to need to get help from other activists all over the country. It is not enough to get people from just 1 area to come to your rally. Let's say that you are angry about the online gambling ban and you want to hold a protest in Washington DC. If there are only people from one state there you are only threatening the senator and congressmen from the state you came from, but with bus loads of people from all over the country you are threatening many elected officials and that will make them rethink their positions on the gambling ban.

Blogging:
Do you really thing that setting up a blog and complaining about the online gambling ban is really going to get anyone to change the law. Blogging is the worst way to protest something. Sure it is ok if all you want to do is vent about something you do not like, but if you are looking to change a law a blog is a useless tool.

Most causes fail before ever getting noticed because of these mistakes, so don’t let them happen to you.

seo
page rank checker

sangbmt

Back to top Go down