Everything about Prizee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Your True Purpose

Go down

Finding Your True Purpose Empty Finding Your True Purpose

Post  sangbmt Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:46 pm

From the time I was eight years old, and wrote my first poem, I knew I wanted to be a writer. It felt right, heart and soul. With a burning desire and one-pointed focus, I followed all the right courses through high school and college in a straight path to fulfill my life's purpose.

Then, boom!

I started meditating, and my life opened up to new possibilities. I took advanced courses, became a meditation teacher and set out to help the world. Though my spiritual side continued to actively grow, I married, had babies, but then turned my attention back to writing. I worked for years, writing ten books that my critique group loved, but publishers didn't. As much as I wanted it to, my career as a writer wasn't working.

Then, again, boom!

It was as if that lifetime ended. The desire to write left. Completely. I hadn't a clue about what to do. I'd thought I knew my purpose in life, but suddenly I was searching, like millions of others in the world.

How is your search coming? What is your purpose? You do have a design for your life. It's not working/sleeping/eating/paying bills/working. It's joy and love and fulfillment. It's doing what you - and you alone - were born to do. Do you know what you are here for?

In the Vedas, ancient Indian texts, this is the principle known as "dharma" -- your own true work that nourishes you and society on every level.

Few people know there is such a thing as dharma, settling for whatever is available. Of those who do have an inkling about it, only a handful have the least clue of how to discover what it is.

Do you know your purpose in life? Or care? Most of us do. Many of us have a gut feeling that there must be more to life than meets the casual glance, and that we each have an important role to fulfill. Pay attention to those feelings. That's your intuition at work. It's easy to ignore and easier still to slide past those inward thoughts and get caught up in your normal routine

4life transfer factor
napoleon wood burning fireplace

sangbmt

Back to top Go down