Everything about Prizee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colin Mcrae Dirt

Go down

Colin Mcrae Dirt Empty Colin Mcrae Dirt

Post  Mr007 Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:19 pm

OK so I've had the game for 6 days now. Haven't played it solid though, but here's my review of the game so far.

I'll start with the graphics - one word - SUPERB, the attention to detail on the cars is phenominal from each little LED in the brake lights to the camera in the cameraman's hands as you drive past him, the replays look superb and even have a slow down option that looks wicked.

The length of the game I think may be improved as I have completed 24% of the game already, but things are starting to get harder as I go along so the game should please, also there are 4 different difficulty settings that allow you to win higher prizes on the hardest settings. You can progress through the game as normal by winning points, but cash means you can buy better cars for your garage. Though I haven't got to the point where I cant buy a car needed to enter a race yet.

The game offers more than your standard rally game, it features a few different race types, from 2wd & 4wd rally, hillclimbs, super special races, tarmac, rallycross (something Colin Mcrae games have needed for a while IMO), and rally raid (races in buggies, trucks etc. on off road tracks with jumps etc.) so the game always keeps you excited about what races you can take part in next.

The tracks featured are superb, I'm well pleased that the legendary Pikes Peak is included amongst them, along with many tracks from around the world.

The playability of the game is just like any other rally sim in the series, tough to get used to but plays well, once you get the hang of it you'll be hooked, a must have for any fan of the Colin Mcrae series.

The Multiplayer on Live is great, you are pitted against upto 100 other players (it states in the manual) online, where everyone taking part votes on which rally & car the race will be on, once the voting is done, the racing takes part, and you can see what position you are in compared to the others.
One thing I am dissapointed in is the lack of multiplayer on the one console, on the other games in the series, players took turn to race a stage and the results were shown, no such thing in this game Sad

Replayability, well I'm still plodding through the career game but there are options where you can set up any race using any car and there are always records to try and beat.

One thing I don't like about the game is the americanisation of it (don't hate me for this), what i mean is that Travis Pascuana presents the game and your co-driver has an American accent and will say cheesy comments at the beginning of the race such as "Smooth and steady, you're Mr.Smooth and I'm Mr.Steady" which do annoy me, whatever happened to good old Nicky Grist and his charming scottish accent?

Anyway, a great game in itself for any rally enthusiast, lots of fun. Even if you're not the best there are difficulty levels to suit.

travesti
google adwords

Mr007

Back to top Go down