Everything about Prizee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brutal Legend - PS3/Xbox 360

Go down

! Brutal Legend - PS3/Xbox 360

Post  Mr007 Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Brutal Legend (Xbox 360, Ps3)

Brutal Legend - PS3/Xbox 360  10rjmms

You know, I seem to be growing onto the fact that mature games don’t need to be serious. Games like Saints Row 2, No More Heroes, and despite what I said about Mass Effect it can be very humorous at some points. These games just feel like a big fish slap in the face to really mature serious games like GTA or CoD. It really makes me smile to see games go an extra mile to stay out of the generic rut. And here comes another game to fight that cause, Brutal Legend.

You play as Eddie Riggs (voiced by Jack Black, win), Eddie is a huge heavy metal fan but unfortunately he lives in a time where rock ‘n’ roll and metal are outdone by RnB and Pop and whatnot, that’s right, He lives in the present day just like the rest of us. Riggs is a roadie for possibly the worst band in the world and the band tries to convince him to move on and join the music of the modern day world. Then during the bands performance he unfortunately gets crushed by stage equipment and dies, his blood however drips down onto his rather peculiar belt and then a giant ****ing demon appears from the ground and kills everything, oh man it’s a amazing scene, I hope this happens at a Kanye West performance. So the demon takes Eddie down into a world inspired by Heavy Metal Albums and god does it look amazing. Seriously the environment looks stunning in this game. Eddie wakes up to find he’s about to be killed by demonic priests, under the control of Emperor Doviculus (voiced by Tim Curry, more win). And if I keep up telling you the story we’ll be here forever. Let me sum most of it up. Gets Battleaxe, Gets a guitar which kills people, meets a hot chick called Ophelia, builds a kickass car, decapitates a giant worm, agrees to try and save the world and drives away on a destroying bridge, end of tutorial.

So in order to save the world Riggs must build an army to take down Doviculus. But Doviculus has a glam metal inspired general called Lionwhyte (voiced by Rob Halford, even more win) who makes the metal of the land and tries to sell it out. So Riggs builds an army with headbangers (miners who use their heads to extract ores), Razor Girls (girl who were set free from Lionwhyte’s ‘Pleasure Tower’) and bassists who are led by the Kill Master (voiced by Lemmy Kilmister, too much win).

Once Riggs built the army the RTS part begins. That’s right, an RTS on a console, shame. This is the lowest point of the game to be fair. It just seems so sudden that the game changes from quite a good platformer to an RTS so quickly. It’s just the you’re not looking down on the battle like a regular RTS but your still in the perspective of Eddie, it’s like if the original Super Mario brothers was an FPS, It’s just doesn’t look right. And most of the time your troops get destroyed pretty quickly. The main problem is just the interface. The Headbangers are used as melee troops, Razor Girls are ranged troops and the bassists are the healers. You will unlock more troops as you go along.

The multiplayer is the RTS parts of the game. You can play as three different factions. Ironheade, the army Eddie controls in the main game. The Drowning Doom, a rather depressing army of emo zombie like beings and The Tainted Coil, Doviculus’ army of SNM wearing demons. The RTS maybe lacking but there are a lot of maps to play on. And with DLC to purchase this game keeps staying fresh.

Everything else in this game however, plays very well. The controls outside the RTS are good, the car driving is simple and easy to control. They are a lot, and I mean A LOT of collectibles and side missions to do. I warn you, DO NOT JUST DO THE MAIN STORY, you will leave so much out if you just stick to the main story. Unlocking new songs, achievements, all very fun to do. It will also help you to explore and really admire the beauty of this game. Do keep a lookout also for Motorforges. In there you will meet The Guardian of Metal (voiced by Ozzy Osbourne, I think my head exploded from all the win). I must say Ozzy is probably the funniest part of the game. He acts so upbeat and really optimistic, it’s hilariously epic. In the Motorforge you buy new car upgrades, learn new moves and more.

CONCLUSION

This game is sort of what Sonic Unleashed had to offer. One part was great yet the other half was severely lacking. It does show that RTS’s should never step foot onto a console. Unfortunately that’s not stopping Supreme Commander 2. Other than that this game is brilliant

+ Best voice casting for a game
+ Brilliant environments to keep you amused for the whole game
+ Epic, complex and hilarious story
+ Highly original, which most games recently have forgotten (curses Modern Warfare 2)
- RTS parts are lacking a lot and wasn’t really needed

Rawpowered’s Fabulous Q and A section

I’ve decided to dedicate a section to answering any question about this game or any question you may wish to ask in this thread.

Brutal Legend - PS3/Xbox 360  Xkx30m

Brutal Legend - PS3/Xbox 360  Ornx5k

[SIZE="3"]Written by Rawpowered.[/SIZE]

breast enlargement pump
Victims Of Crime

Mr007

Back to top Go down